Crawl Space Encapsulation Services for Richmond and Surrounding Areas
Your Home’s Health Starts In Your Crawl Space
Southern Goodman is Central Virginia’s leader for crawl space encapsulation. We know the best way to fix crawl space issues in your home or office and get you back to the perfect indoor weather.
Benefits Of Crawl Space Encapsulation
Controlled Relative Humidity
Better Air Quality
Warmer Floors in Winter
No Frozen Pipes
Before And After Photos
At Southern Goodman Mechanical, we’ve seen our share of scary crawl spaces. A consistently damp crawl space can become a breeding ground for dangerous mold spores, poor indoor air quality, and structural damage to your home. Drafty, uninsulated crawl spaces can also increase your heating and cooling costs.
If you have a vented dirt floor crawl space, here are just a few of the problems you may encounter:
- Mold (high humidity)
- Poor indoor air quality
- Wood rot
- Musty smells
- AC/heat system damage
- Pipe damage
Fortunately, many of these crawl space problems can be solved with crawl space repair.
Crawl Space Encapsulation
Southern Goodman Mechanical is the local crawl space contractor in Richmond, Virginia. We know that the best way to fix crawl space issues in your home or office is through encapsulation. Here’s how our crawl space encapsulation process works:
- First, we install a heavy-duty plastic liner, which will seal both ground and foundation walls to block moisture from entering your crawl space.
- Then, we seal off the outside vents to prevent unconditioned air from entering the crawl space.
- Finally, we monitor and correct your crawl space relative humidity levels to ensure that your crawl space is dry and protected.
Besides controlling unwanted moisture and improving your home’s overall health, crawl space encapsulation also helps to improve your home’s overall energy efficiency, with some of our clients reporting 20 percent reductions in their heating and cooling costs. The benefits of crawl space encapsulation by Southern Goodman Mechanical are:
- Controlled relative humidity
- Better air quality
- Eliminate mold
- Dry/strong wood
- Reduces insects/rodents
- Energy savings
- Warmer floors in winter
- No frozen pipes
Call us today to learn more about protecting your home’s foundation and so much more with crawl space encapsulation.
Crawl Space Club Yearly Membership
Crawlspace Membership includes:
- Look for signs of moisture.
- Look for signs of pooling/standing water.
- Verify all insulation under the subflooring is in place and not damaged.
- Look for signs of insect and rodent activity.
- Inspect any exposed plumbing pipes, gas pipes, ductwork, and electrical wiring.
- Look for openings and gaps around the exterior walls.
- Minor repair to liner.
- Inspect Girder.
- Inspect Band board.
- Inspect seal plate.
Contact us to join today!